Next team up! Submit your photos that embody the Promotion Team and all that it entails! Follow the link for details.
Promotion Photo Examples: Downtown events, Image building campaigns, etc.
Deadline Dec. 1st at 5:00pm!
MICHIGAN MAIN STREET PHOTO CONTEST
Presented by Michigan Main Street
"Michigan Main Street's Photo Contest was created to allow communities to showcase their downtown revitalization efforts and highlight their accomplishments as Main Street communities. Main Street Communities have the chance to win $1,000 by submitting a winning photo. Communities will also be recognized through having their photos featured in Michigan Economic Development Corporation materials which include social media outlets, brochures, the MiPlace website, presentations, etc. This contest is an opportunity for Main Street communities to highlight the work they are doing and get people interested in what their community has to offer!
The contest will start September 11th and run through December. Each of the Main Street Four Points: Economic Vitality, Organization, Design and Promotion will be the focus of the contest. Communities should submit photos that best represent each one of the Four Points during that segment of the contest. For the last segment of the contest, communities should submit photos that best represent overall Active Downtown Districts to spotlight the key to a strong Main Street.
- Economic Vitality: September 11 - 29
- Design: October 2 - 20
- Organization: October 23 - November 10
- Promotion: November 13 - December 1
- Active Downtown District: December 4 - 22
Below are the contest guidelines, along with more details and sample photos for each of the five contest segments. Any questions or concerns about the contest or each segment can be sent to email@example.com .
- In order to submit photos, a community must be either a Select or Master Level Michigan Main Street Community.
- Photos must be submitted by the community's Main Street Organization/DDA. Photo submissions must include your community name, the photo, and signed photo waiver.
- The community's Main Street Organization/DDA may submit up to 5 photos for each of the five segments of the contest (with a total of up to 25 photos for the duration of the contest).
- Main Street Communities have a chance to win $1,000 during each of the five segments of the contest. A total of $5,000 will be rewarded - $1,000 per contest segment.
- The Main Street Organization/DDA that submits the winning photo for the contest segment will win $1,000.
- We are requesting that photos be 8" x 10", 300 dpi, high resolution. This means we cannot accept blurry or low resolution photos.
- Your Main Street Organization/DDA is encouraged to submit multiple photos for each segment of the contest - we want to see your community! Don't feel limited to just one segment of the contest.
- Remember, each segment of the photo contest only runs for three weeks, which means that the topic of the photo submissions changes throughout the contest.
How to Submit:
- To submit, please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name of your community and the signed photo waiver.
Questions or Concerns:
- Please email email@example.com for any questions or concerns."